#pawgustart is the hashtag for August.

This post includes affiliate links.

Hey guys!

Starting today, and going through August 22, 2015, you will be able to see all the artists uploading their new August “animal themed” works of art.  Just search #pawgustart in YouTube’s search bar!  This is my contribution for this month.  Let me know what you think :-)

The Stamps of Life Card Kit Club

Happy Friday!

I’ve been trying to stay warm here in Michigan.  Wow have we been getting the low temps!  We are predicted to get to -30 degrees (with wind chill) here tonight.  I’m surprised that I am actually acclimating to this temperature.  I would have thought I would be chilled to the bones all day and night but I’m hanging in here :-)


Since the weather isn’t actually helping with outside activities I have been doing some video’s for you and planning some new projects.  I just finished editing the unboxing of my first shipment of The Stamps of Life Card Kit.  It has a birthday theme.  If you would like to see all the goodies that are included in this kit then please watch the video below.


Stop back in to keep up with what project(s) I do using this great kit!

Enjoy your Valentine’s Day tomorrow 😍



Part 2 is Here

The second part of the March 2013 Virtual Stampin’ Up! Workshop is now available.

If you have any questions regarding products, the hostess code, becoming a virtual hostess of your own workshop or just want to say HI please feel free.  My email is luvstamping@live.com.  I hope to hear from you!

Have a great Sunday everyone :-)


How to Make a Simple Floral Background

Stamped backgrounds are easier to make than you think.  I have found that simpler is better.  I prefer a nice clean look on the front of a card but I want it bright and eye catching.  To accomplish that goal I pick a chunky stamp design and stamp away!

Cut a piece of white smooth card stock to 3-3/4″ x 5″.  Stamp a repeat image across the entire piece of card stock rotating the orientation of the image with each stamping.  Stamp off the edges of the card stock.  For this flower image I used my Hostess stamp set Array of Sunshine.

Add the green leaves (Cloud 9 -Chocolate Chalet), again stamping off the edges of the card stock.

Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to add the sentiment.  Place the image sheet over the area of the card where you want the sentiment.

Remove the plastic image sheet and stamp in Basic Black ink.  I chose the Birthday Wishes sentiment from the retired Sincere Salutations Stampin’ Up! stamp set.  I really love the font on this set!

I added a few mini pearls to some of the floral stamped images.  TIP:  An easy way to place these teeny tiny pearls onto a project is to remove them with the tip of a small scissors and place onto the project.

Adhere the stamped card stock onto the card base (A2 size 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″) using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I like to make envelopes compliment the cards I make.  I stamped the same flower and leaf onto the lower left front corner of a Whisper White envelope.

Finish the card with a nice sentiment inside stamped in black.

I hope you will give this idea a try.  It really is an easy simple way to make a card with a beautiful pop of color.

School Days Project Finished

With August here, we all know that those “Back to School” days are just around the corner.  I wanted to make a school themed album that I could put my grandson’s pictures in and this is what I came up with.  I just love the Graphic 45 ABC Primer from last year so I thought this would fit perfectly with my chalkboard slate design.

Inside is the paper bag album with many places for photos and journaling.


I really enjoyed making the beads for the abacus out of paper.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with an abacus….it’s a counting frame that was used to teach arithmetic and counting.  The beads are very simple to make and I thought it complimented the vintage look of this project very nicely.

I have a few more details to add to the actual album and then I will post some more pictures for you.  I am also putting together a tutorial for sale for this project.  More information on that shortly also :-)


Happy crafting everyone!

Monochromatic Thank You Notes

Summer is almost here but for some reason spring reminds me of pretty pastel colors, so soothing and calm.  I just love the Stampin’ Up! colors Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Certainly Celery so I made a set of 8 note cards using all four of these pretty pastel colors.  Ahhhhh……such satisfaction.

This card design highlights using a tone-on-tone effect.  What a simple and easy design but still packs that classy punch!  Using Stampin’ Dimensionals on the stamped flower image and card stock mat helps give a subtle shading effect against the flatness of the tone-on-tone design.

The Mixed Bunch stamp set is a perfect replacement for the stamp that I used on my project video today.

Supplies used for this project:

Alternate Stamp Set:  Mixed Bunch (Wood-Mount 1255355, Clear-Mount 125537), Perfectly Penned (Wood-Mount 122890, Clear-Mount 122892), Made for You (Wood-Mount 126340, Clear-Mount 126342)
Paper:  Bashful Blue (105120), Certainly Celery (105125), Pretty in Pink (111351), So Saffron (105118)
Ink:  Bashful Blue (126961), Certainly Celery (126958), Pretty in Pink (126955), Daffodil Delight (126944), So Saffron (126957),
Fun Tools:  Fancy Flower Punch (118073), Blossom Punch (12503), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Beautiful Wings Embosslits (118138)
That Extra Touch:   Subtles Designer Buttons (119745), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), White Bakers Twine (124262