An Oldie but a Goodie

This fun project was previously posted on my first blog which is now inactive.  I will be transitioning some of the more popular posts over to this blog for any of you who are new here.  I hope you enjoy all the ideas!

*UPDATE*

The Butterfly Punch used for these pansies has just been added to the Stampin’ Up! retired list……Get yours here now before it is too late 🙂  If you need the purchase the original My Digital Studio software so that you can use the digital punch collection mentioned previously you can visit your options here.

I made a few different styles of Pansies to show you.  Just browse the  garden catalogs and find all the gorgeous and unique pansy varieties.

The following card stock and ink colors are all Stampin’ Up! color and some are now retired since this was originally posted May of this year.

(Top Row-left to right) :

Purple Pansy

Ink:  Perfect Plum and Crushed Curry/Card Stock:  Lovely Lilac and Whisper White

Orange Pansy

Ink:  Bravo Burgundy and Dusty Durango/Card Stock:  Summer Sun

(Bottom row-left to right):

Blue Pansy

Ink:  Perfect Plum and Brilliant Blue/Card Stock:  Ballet Blue

Orange Bi-Color Pansy

Ink:  Perfect Plum/Card Stock:  Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant

White Bi-Color Pansy

Ink:  Summer Sun, White and Perfect Plum/Card Stock:  Whisper White and Pale Plum

*Note*  Some flowers have been inked differently depending upon the species.

All flowers have Dazzling Diamonds for the glitter embellishment.

I used the Blue Pansies for the video sample below but all the pansies in the picture at the beginning of this post are made the exact same way.  Change your card stock colors and inks and have fun!

I hope you enjoy the video tutorial and let me know if you like it!

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “An Oldie but a Goodie

1. Mickey Jo Corbin says:

I just love what you made. Pansies are my favorite flowers. I watched your video and then found this link. I really love all the different colors. Thanks so much for teaching this. HUGS

• itsaninkinstampede says:

Thank you so much for the compliment 🙂 I am very glad you enjoyed learning how to make them. Hugs back.

2. Delo says:

I just found this video. What lovely pansies, I needed to order some SU products on Thurs. evening so the butterfly punch is one thing I will definitely be ordering. Thank you for the video!

3. itsaninkinstampede says:

You will love the butterfly punch Delo! It works perfectly and I also love how the SU stamp sets coordinate. Lots of uses 🙂
    Darlene

4. Louise Hull says:

Darlene, Stampin’ Up does not seem to have the ballet blue card stock any longer. Which blue color would you recommend for the most natural look? I love the tutorial and the look of the pansies. Thank you for sharing with us.

5. itsaninkinstampede says:

Thank you Louise. Stampin’ Up! retired some of their colors when they renovated their color collections. They have some gorgeous new blues. I think that Marina Mist (Subtles Collection) would be very pretty. You could also use Pacific Point (Brights Collection) or even Island Indigo (In Color Collection) if you want a brighter pop of color. I hope this helps. You can order Stampin’ Up! card stock on line and have it shipped to your home. If you do not have a demonstrator please let me know. I am a demo and your cost will be cheaper if you use my website for an order.

Thank you again for the compliment!
    Darlene

• itsaninkinstampede says:

Oh my goodness Sandy that’s crazy! I really appreciate your compliment. Maybe I should sell the punched out shapes on my Etsy shop since I still have this punch LOL!

6. Kialaya says:

Hi, I enjoyed a lot your video of the pansies on youtube, found it there and then got around to visiting the blog. Grat job, so beautiful flowers and they look so real. I want to try my hand at this, I’m just starting in Papercrafts. In the video you tell us that there is a Punch Shapes Digital Download and you give uis a link to download it from but the link takes you nowhere so you can’t download the shapes you told us about. I would be really greateful to you or to anybody else who could be as nice as to send me this file. Thank you.