Well about this time in February I wake up to cabin fever! Michigan is preparing again for another winter storm and I want to go out and play in the dirt in my gardens. My oh my….where is spring? I guess I’ll just need to be a bit more patient. I know spring will be here soon.
I made this cute note card set to help pacify my “condition” . I think the images from the Silhouette Sentiments Hostess stamp set are just adorable.
My card base measures 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored and folded @ 5-1/2″) using the Confetti White card stock from Stampin’ Up! I felt the natural fibers in this paper helped highlight the floral images that I stamped onto Whisper White card stock.
The ink colors used on this image are Concord Crush and Wild Wasabi Classic Ink.
For a nice clean look I added a clear rhinestone jewel in the center of one flower.
Each note card has a different sentiment on the front which makes for a nice variety of uses when given as a gift.
I added the same image onto the front of the envelopes and embossed the back flaps for an elegant touch.
Thanks for stopping in and I hope today’s project helped to cheer you if you too have the winter blues!
UPDATE-KITS SOLD OUT
I have been working very hard on designing some unique card kits which I have named Inkin’ Cute Card Kits. I hope you find these kits instructional, motivating and just darn cute! With each kit I will feature a current stamp set from Stampin’ Up! Note: Any stamp set that you may already have in your inventory certainly may be substituted. I will also include a sentiment idea in my videos to give you an additional design option.
Birds and Blooms – 2011
Each kit will include all the consumable products you will need to complete a total of 12 A2 cards (6 each of 2 designs). All kits contain very high quality materials, gently packaged in a resealable cellophane package.
How To Order: The Birds & Blooms kit is available for sale here in my Etsy Shop. Have fun shopping!
The whimsical birds and sweet flowers compliment each other perfectly in this introductory kit. I have combined the soft neutral colors of Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise and Blushing Bride together with a pop of Rose Red. This kit features the 9 piece rubber stamp set Aviary (wood-mount #116956/clear-mount #120462) . This set is very fun and has the cutest birdies you’ll ever see!
Create an account and order your stamp set here.
Level of Difficulty (1 Easy – 5 Difficult) is rated at a 2.
Nothing to fear….give it a try!
- $22.95 per kit (stamp set not included)
- 12 card stock bases (80 lb.) pre-cut, scored and folded (6 in Blushing Bride and 6 in Very Vanilla)
- Pre-cut card stock mats in Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla and Whisper White
- 12 Whisper White card stock card liners
- 6 pre-cut 1-1/4″ striped grosgrain ribbon
- 12 Very Vanilla A2 envelopes
- 6 hand crocheted pink flowers – made personally by me 🙂
- 6 Pearls
- 6 Gold Brads
- Classic Ink Spot-Basic Black
- 6 pre-cut Tempting Turquoise Designer Series Paper
- 12 Scallop Circle Die Cuts
- Private Only How-To video YouTube links to make this kit. Links will be sent to your email address after order has been shipped. Only customers who purchase this kit can view these videos. Watch them over and over again!
- Etsy coupon code for 10% off any item listed in my Etsy Shop. (Coupon Code will be sent with your order)
Add On Products:
(Available for purchase here at Stampin’ Up! Please refer to the item numbers for ordering.)
Clear Mount Blocks- A (#118487), C (#118486)
Crumb Cake Classic Ink (#121030)
Rose Red Classic Ink (#101778)
Stampin’ Write Marker-In Color set – Blushing Bride (#119801)
Bone Folder (#102300)
SNAIL adhesive (#104332)
Sticky Strip (#104294)
Paper Snips (#103579)
Optional background stamp-Bella Toile (#111598)
I will ship your kit in a USPS Flat Rate shipping box. All kits will be shipped within 2-3 business days of receipt of payment. Purchased Add-On items will ship directly from Stampin’ Up! separately from the basic card kit listed in Etsy.