I am back with another page to share with you. This album is so fun to make. I love the concept of a book of spells. For this page I printed another label and cut around the entire outline. I left a 1/16″ reveal of card stock.
I sponged Tea Dye Distress Ink around the outside edge using Ranger’s Blending Tool. Using my glaze pen I traced over the words SWAMP FOG.
Once dry it left a nice wet look.
I used my Spellbinders Mega Die and cut out the smallest label shape from Stampin’ Up! Island Indigo plain card stock. This is a gorgeous color and it is from their 2011-2013 In-Colors collection.
Keeping the die lined up with the card stock die cut I sponged white ink around all the edges. I deliberately made the ink look wispy instead of blending it smooth. I thought this mimicked the swamp fog on the label. Once the die is removed it left a very foggy effect.
I stamped two swirl images with black ink onto the front going over the edge of the die. I always clean the edges of the die before I put them away. They clean very easily with a baby wipe.
Using my glue pen I filled in all the areas on the scroll images.
I just love my Glitter Glitz from PK Glitz. The color I used for the front of this tag is named Carnival. Another way to use their glitter is by using an embossing pen and sprinkling on heat set powder heating it with a heat too until sticky. Sprinkle the glitter over the sticky image and tap off. The glitter does not shed! AMAZING
Finished tag front.
I used a piece of patterned paper and cut the same shape as before, inking the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
I chose a white skull and cross-bones from the rub on’s that were included in my Oct. 31 Collection. Carefully I cut around the image through both the rub on and protective sheet.
Careful not to touch the actual rub on I placed the image where I wanted it with the protective sheet removed.
There are few ways to adhere rub on’s. This is how I apply them. I use the edge of my bone folder to transfer the rub on. Once the image has been rubbed over completely I slowly peel back the transfer sheet making sure the image has transferred. If it hasn’t I replace the sheet and rub more until it transfers.
Placing the protective sheet over the rub on image, I pressed back over the image smoothing over all the edges to secure.
I glued the die cut shape onto the back of the Island Indigo tag.
I used my Paper Piercing Tool and my Mat to piece holes in all four corners of the label for mini brads.
Since I did not have any purple brads I used my purple embossing powder to change basic gold brads into the color I wanted. It’s easy….just heat the brad with the heat tool, dip into embossing power and reheat. I repeated the process twice to get good coverage.
I inserted all four brads into the pierced holes and flattened the legs onto the back. I decided to use liquid glue to adhere the label onto my page. The label is secured only at the bottom edge. This allows the label to substitute as a pocket for the tag.
This is how the tag looks placed into the pocket. I wanted the tag to be angled for design interest.
I chose a variety of mini-roses from the Prima flowers blue-green collection. The large flower was sprayed with Sour Apple Perfect Pearls Mist.
When I heat set this flower I let it get hot enough to curl the organza. I thought it added a touch of eerie to this page.
This is the finished page. The front of the tag has plenty of room for some special journaling and the back can be used for a 2.5″ x 3″ photo or more journaling.
I hope you will try some of these ideas on your next tag or mini album page!