I finally completed all the photos for this project and wanted to share them with you. I am posting an overview of some of the steps in the construction of this project. I really enjoyed making the slate. I think it is the best part of the project! It is such a cute and fun cover for the box.
To make it look like an official slate or chalkboard I sponged the numbers and letters onto the black cardstock. I put a card stock seam in the middle of the top so that it actually simulated the seam on a large chalkboard in a classroom. I used Stampin’ Up! white Craft ink and a sponge.
I kept the ink soft for a chalky effect.
I used the Stampin’ Wheel to make the wood grain image for the slate frame. Early Espresso Classic Ink made the perfect ink shade to contrast with the base Distress Ink colors from Ranger.
I broke a real piece of white chalk and glued in onto the faux slate with E6000 glue.
This is another Stampin’ Wheel that I used for the edges of the page flaps. Rulers always remind me of school!
For the tabs on the photo mats, located inside the lunch bag pockets, I used a punch and folded the punched shape in half. I decided to use eyelets to secure them so they will be durable during all the handling .
I just loved this patterned paper for the album cover. I fussy cut the school books out and attached them to the cover with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Below are all the pages in the album. Each page has a small pocket to tuck photo mats or tags into. I used a star edge punch to do the edges. I remember getting a star on my papers in school when I did well so I decided to incorporate that memory into this album.
I used the same patterned paper on the album back that compliments the storage box corner accents.